Pre-Production discussion for school promo
We will review your material for the project and possibly import into Final Cut today.
We will also start pre-production for the school Intro Video. We will be doing a formal production.
Production Process Video: https://youtu.be/e4N64g3vZLM
Production Process Poster: (Image Source: https://video.ucf.edu/process/)
What is juxtaposition? The use of juxtaposition allows editors to make a story using films shots separately, creating drama and emotion. Here is a more detailed post:
Video (mild language) : https://youtu.be/eKMaN9hj3EY
Complete the juxtaposition worksheet.
Suggested completion date: End of class
REMINDER: You need to bring in your project material next week! Make sure to get your material ready.
Film Studies: "Uranium" by Magnus Isacsson (1990)
(Write down on a sheet of paper, name on top right hand corner - TO BE COLLECTED)
1. Identify the people, places, events, or aspects of people, society, or nature that are the focus of this film. Describe and clarify the significance of each.
2. Describe an aspect of the film that showed you something you hadn’t seen before, caused you to think in a new way, or helped you understand something more thoroughly than before. In addition, describe how it changed your thinking.
3. Was there anything that you saw or heard in the film that was unconvincing or which seemed out of place?
4. What particularly appealed to you in the cinematic presentation of the film, such as the way in which particular scenes, images, or sounds were presented?
5. If the filmmakers were to ask you how the film could be improved, what would you tell them? Describe the changes you would suggest in detail and the reasons for your suggestions.
6. Documentary films are often calls for action. What action would you consider after watching this film?
Today we will watch a video that will examine the concept of mise-en-scene as it is used in filmmaking.
Here is the video: https://youtu.be/qyNmm4q9g_o
More examples (mild language and violence): https://youtu.be/5psXjzWUve8
As you plan out your self-introduction video project, consider what was discussed.
LAB: For those that do not have a check off on your lab, you will be demonstrating your skills today.
Please make sure to complete the lab today. Each group member needs to know how to do it as I will ask for demo and/or explanation 1-on-1.
Today we will focus on adding motion to still pictures. Demo in class and then you will complete a lab.
Lab: Adding motion effect in FCP
Pick a picture, add motion effect using key framing. Show the original picture for 1 second, then apply a motion effect for 2 second, change the parameters of the same effect and show for 2 second. Join all clips with a transition effect between cuts.
Here are the list of effects to complete:
Lastly, create a MIX EFFECT clip for the same picture. The clip should be 5 seconds long. Your end product should be 30 seconds long in total length.
Suggested completion date: Oct 13 Thursday
Final Cut Pro is non-linear and non-destructive editing.
A project compose of the project file and the source media files. There are also render files.
There are mainly four windows that is the heart of the program: viewer, canvas, browser, and timeline. Explore the different Window Layout to bring up tools.
Lab: Text Title Slate
Using Text and Background effects, create a title slate.